Being an online seller is a serious responsibility. If you want to get customers and hold them making a long term trading relations, you have to consider to fulfill many rules and requirements. Here are some important tips for online trade divided into 2 main parts: before and after the order is placed.
1. Before an order is placed, you have to display the following information to your buyers:
- your business name and contact details- a description of your goods or services
- the price, including all taxes- how a customer can pay
- delivery arrangements, costs and how long goods will take to arrive
- the minimum length of their contract- conditions for terminating contracts
- information about the customer’s right to cancel within 14 days
You will have to tell the customer if they will be responsible for paying for the return of goods if they cancel. If you don’t, they’re not liable for the costs.
2. After the order is placed you will have to provide the following data to your buyers:
- details of what they have purchased- the total cost- arrangements for delivery
- the minimum duration of any contract and arrangements for terminating the contract
- how and when they can cancel an order and who pays for returning goods
- an address where complaints can be sent
- any guarantees or after-sales services you offer
- conditions for terminating contracts
- provide helpline (phone number)
This easy checklist can be very useful and helpful when you start your online sales. Take care of every step to make the process as smooth as possible.